What information is collected?
Only registered users may purchase a WordPress theme and Plugins on our Website. Once you are registered, you have your own account (“Account”). You may register on our Website by providing the following personal information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Address / country / state / city
- IP address
You consent to our access to and collection of such personal information about you. Once you are registered, you can login to your Account with given username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password and Account and fully responsible for all activities that occur under this Account and any other actions taken in connection with this Account. You must immediately notify Smarter Themes (Smarter Themes@smarterthemes.com) of any unauthorized uses of your Account or any other breaches of security. Smarter Themes will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. During the sign-up process, you may also select the option of receiving e-mail offers from us.
You have the obligation to state truthfully, accurately and completely your up-to-date personal information in the registration process and update your account whenever it is needed. If your personal information is not in compliance with these provisions or if Smarter Themes has reasonable suspicions that your personal information is not in accordance with these provisions, Smarter Themes has the right to reject your application for registration or to suspend or terminate immediately your Account, irrespectively of any notice, any use, current or future. In this case, you have no right to any refund for the suspension or termination of your Account.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Information is received via email and stored there for 1 year. Any information will not be given to 3rd parties or not used for marketing purposes. It is only there to provide answers to customer inquiries.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We hope to use Google Analytics to track visitor data in the future. For more information on how Google and Google Analytics uses this data can be found here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
How the information is used
We partner with third-party advertising networks to either display advertising on our Website or to manage our advertising on other sites. These ad network partners do not collect and do not have access to any personally identifiable information collected from you. They may, however, anonymously track your internet usage as described below in paragraph 6.
- a) We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Use of your e-mail associated with your account in order to send you one newsletter per month in conjunction with your use of our Services. If you do not wish to receive newsletters you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscription link in the newsletter e-mail.
- b) Smarter Themes uses website navigation data to operate and improve the Website. Smarter Themes may also use website navigation data alone or in combination with your personal information to provide aggregated information about Smarter Themes.
- c) We store all the information that is tracked through standard Google Analytics but we do not save this information on our databases.
- How your information is protected
- a) To protect our Users’ privacy, Users’ personal information is not published in any way to other Users or third parties.
- b) Smarter Themes reserves its right though to share your personal information to a third party in case of sale merger, control change, reorganization or liquidation of the Company. All such actions shall be completed in compliance with applicable laws of personal data and privacy.
- c) We do not make any personal information available to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- d) If however, we share your personal information and data with third parties, we will notify you. Please note that no transmission over the internet can be fully guaranteed in its confidentiality and non-disclosure, and as such, you transmit at your own risk.
- e) Smarter Themes uses robust security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, maintain personal information accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of personal information. When the Services are accessed using the internet, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects your data using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your information is safe, secure, and only available to you to whom the information belongs and those to whom you have granted access. Smarter Themes also implements other advanced technology measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
- f) We do not tolerate Spam. To report Smarter Themes-related spam please contact us at Smarter Themes@smarterthemes.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms & Conditions. We may check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content of the Website, but we will not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
- g) Smarter Themes does its utmost to secure its information storage in order to protect confidentiality of your personal information against loss and interception by third parties. However, it is important to know that there is no zero-risk against loss or interception by others of your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your Account’s username and password.
How the information is stored
We save your personal information in our database in order to improve our Website’s and user experience and in accordance with our Terms & Conditions. If you wish that your personal information be permanently deleted from our database when you stop using our Services, please notify us at Smarter Themes@smarterthemes.com
Third Party Payment Processor
Smarter Themes is using cookies to improve your experience of our Website. When you visit our Website, Smarter Themes servers send a cookie to your web browser. You can delete these cookies at any time. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify an individual. Cookies merely recognize the web browser.
Session Cookies: If you are using our Services and you choose to identify yourself to us, Smarter Themes uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow Smarter Themes to uniquely identify you. Each time you log into the Services, a session cookie containing an encrypted, unique identifier that is tied to your account and is placed on your browser. These session cookies allow Smarter Themes to uniquely identify you when you are logged into the Services and download our themes and to process online data transactions and requests. Session cookies are required to use the Services.
Smarter Themes uses Hotjar to create heat maps that allow us to track how users are interacting with our website. This allows us to make improvements to our website to better serve our users.
We cooperate with law enforcement authorities, as well as with other third parties, to enforce laws, intellectual property rights and to prevent fraud. In response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can, and you authorize us to, disclose your name, e-mail address and Website use history, with or without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, we will not disclose your personal information to any law enforcement or other governmental officials without a subpoena or court order, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to protect our rights, enforce our policies, respond to claims that your use of our Services violates Smarter Themes policies or rights or others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.